The types of people you will encounter on your journey:
1. People where you used to be—learn to reach down to them and assist them.
2. People who are going where you’re going—learn to reach out to them.
3. People who are in the place that you want to be—learn to reach up them.
The types of people you will deal with along your journey:
1. Positive and negative people—agreement is not always positive and disagreement is not always negative; people can disagree with you and still add value./
2. People you have outgrown—it happens to all of us…admit it!
3. People who are tied to yesterday’s solutions—we all have to deal with an “old guard” at some point on a journey. Yesterdays’ solutions have become today’s problems!
4. “That’s not my job” people— not everyone will go the second mile!
5. People who have not moved on—Who is going to take the journey with you and who is not?
6. People who can give you new perspective—all of us at times needs a fresh perspective and feedback.
7. People you can be transparent with—not everyone can handle your transparency so when you have found that person(s) you have found a true friend.
8. People who can celebrate your success—do people tolerate or celebrate your journey?
The company you keep along your journey:
1. Surround yourself with people who challenge you to grow. If you only surround yourself with people like you, your weaknesses will never be challenged.
2. Watch out for the wrong company. It is better to be alone than in the wrong company.
3. Surround yourself with true friends. Tell me who your best friends are, and I will tell you who you are. If you run with wolves, you will learn how to howl. But, if you associate with eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights.
4. Surround yourself with successful people. Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your mediocrity. An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with negative thinking and negative acting people.
Who you walk with, stand with and sit with (Psalms 1:1) does affect your journey!