1) Some people are comfortable with your TODAY but not everyone will be comfortable with your TOMORROW!. Make sure you have a leader speaking into your life that is taking you to your tomorrows. A seasoned leader is more concerned with where you are going!
2) Some people are comfortable with what you are DOING but not everyone will be comfortable with who you are BECOMING! Make sure you have a leader in your life who is more interested in who you are becoming rather than what you are doing. A seasoned leader is more concerned with what is in you verses what is around you.
3) Some people get turned off my your PAIN – heartaches, failures, rejection, loses – whereas others will be drawn to your pain! Make sure you have leader who is speaking into your life and helping you turn that pain into WISDOM! A seasoned leader’s pain should become your wisdom! Who do you have in your life that is helping you learn from their journey of life rather than duplicating their journey of life?
4) Some people are comfortable with your DYSFUNCTION and others will challenge you in your dysfunction. Make sure you have a leader in your life who responds to you by RESISTING you! The job of soil is to resist the seed so that what is in the seed comes forth! A seasoned leader is someone who resists you to pull what is in you out of you!
5) Some people will be comfortable with what you need and others will be uncomfortable with what you PURSUE! Not everyone will be able to handle what you pursue in life – it will make others uncomfortable. If you pursue purpose in life it will make people who have no purpose uncomfortable being around you! Make sure you have a leader in your life that is more concerning about what you are pursuing rather than what you are needing! A seasoned leader models pursuit for you!
Conclusion. Most leaders do not have a seasoned leader who has been given access into their life! It begins with you giving them access. Remember, your thinking has to go before your living (Proverbs 23:7)! Who in your life have you given access – to challenge your thinking!